You might love the natural way your hair curls, but you definitely don’t feel that love when you brush it and its frizz gets in the way; this is definitely everything but the polished and sleek look you’re aiming for. So, without further ado, here are twelve very simple tips to keep your hair frizz-free:
- Avoid brushing your hair once it’s dry. The right time to brush curly hair is after you wash and dry it gently with towel. Use a brush, comb or your own fingers to brush slightly wet hair and then apply an anti-frizz product to easily maintain it throughout the day.
- If you have to comb your hair while it’s dry, add some water to your tresses. However, the best way to achieve good results remains finger-combing your hair with wet hands to slightly style and untangle it.
- Another way you can manage frizz is by taking some conditioner, watering it down a bit and applying it to your hair tips gently.
- A convenient way to control frizz and add shine to the hair is to use conditioners that are protein-infused.
- Using too many hair styling appliances, such as a hair dryer and flat iron, can make it brittle and easy to break. So try using these products as little as possible.
- Dryness is one of the major causes of frizz, so keeping your hair moisturized can help you reduce this symptom. Simply use a conditioner, natural oil or an anti-frizz cream for this purpose.
- Using chemical products like relaxers and straighteners can also make your hair weak and cause breakage, therefore steer away from these as well.
- When you’re drying your hair, consider using a round brush to smoothen the cuticles since it’s gentler on the hair.
- If you want to give your hair a lift and a smoother look, dry the roots only and let the tips and shafts dry naturally.
- Using products containing alcohol can make your hair dry and increase its frizziness. So before buying a shampoo or a conditioner, go through its ingredients and make sure that it’s alcohol-free.
- If you tend to experience afternoon frizz, you can get rid of it with a bit of children’s detangling spray. This is perfect as it won’t give your hair a greasy look.
- A professional would know best how you can keep your hair frizz-free all day long, so talk to your stylist and find out which products would be best for you.
Try these simple tips and enjoy smooth frizz-free hair all day long.