Flakes, which are a combination of dead dried skin and dandruff, can be one of the most embarrassing situations to deal with. Caused due to low oil production in the scalp, flakes can often lead to several skin infections, not just on your scalp, but on your face and neck as well.
If you have a flaky scalp, here are some simple home remedies to use.
- Baking Soda – Add water to baking soda and apply the paste to your scalp. This will remove the dead skin from the surface. Finally, wash with warm water, shampoo and conditioner.
- Coconut Oil – Warm coconut oil first and then massage it on your scalp gently. To get better results, add a few drops of lemon juice to the oil.
- Lemon Juice – Since flaky scalp can lead to excessive dandruff, the best way to get rid of it is to massage your scalp with lemon juice. Doing so won’t only get rid of dandruff, but would also prevent further flakes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – In order to remove dead skin cells from your scalp, you can use apple cider vinegar, but not the distilled type. Applying it will leave your hair follicle clear, preventing flake formation.
- Coconut Milk – Another way to get rid of your flakes is by rinsing your scalp with coconut milk and leaving it that way for about ten minutes. You can also add lemon juice to it and massage your scalp.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera can be used for dandruff and flakes since it moisturizes and repairs the skin of your scalp. You should apply the gel and leave it overnight. After waking up in the morning, wash your hair with cold water.
- Tea Tree Oil – If you want to protect your scalp from the bacteria forming due to the flakes, your best solution is tea tree oil. Simply use the oil to massage your scalp and then wash it off with shampoo.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is a good remedy for moisturizing your scalp and increasing hair growth without promoting flake formation.
- Witch Hazel – Another thing you can use to prevent scalp infection due to flaking is witch hazel. You need to boil this flower and make a paste of it. Once ready, apply it for about 30 minutes before rinsing.
Try these simple remedies at home and see how well they work for your flaky scalp.
Our blog entries are for your information only and are not intended as medical advice. Because everyone is different, we recommend you work with your medical professional to determine what’s best for you. Toji: Pure Density is designed to support healthy hair growth, and comes with a 3-bottle guarantee. Yes – this means you can try it for 3 months, and if you don’t grow faster, thicker, longer hair we will gladly provide you a complete, 100% money back, refund . For more info, check out our site: www.tojilife.com.